Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Letter

Letters like the following one help us keep doing what we do.

"Amber,

My name is ___________ and I am a Cherokee. When I was a child and I went
to the white man's school, they treated me pretty mean. They didn't understand
my culture. I also was from a poor family and never had lunch like everyone else
had. I had stuff from the garden that my Mother gave me to eat. I also was never
allowed new school supplies. When I was 7 years old the gym teacher gave me some
tennis shoes to wear because we couldn't afford any, the right one was red and
the left one blue. And one was too big and one was too small. The while people
really laughed at me.That's why I took upon myself to help the Lakota children.
TheLakota people mean a lot to me. They are very brave warriors. Also the best
people you will ever find. I hope the donations that I received will help many
more children than ever this year. It means a great deal to a child to have new
school supplies. I wish I could give more than what we are giving. The funds
that I have received total to $860.00 and if I receive any more I will mail them
to you."

No comments: