Friday, February 22, 2008

Why Do We Do This Again???

After all of the pressure and stress I've experienced putting together Rezonate '08, I've found myself wondering why in the world we do this.

The answer is actually pretty simple - because we can.

Giving each child on the Pine Ridge Reservation a new backpack filled with school supplies each year may seem like a big goal, but its a doable one. Yes the amount of money and effort is pretty intimating when you have to start from scratch each year, but looking at the big picture, $50,000.00 isn't really that much money. If we all work together, we can make it happen.

So for me, the questions is not why do we do it, but why not?

If it is in our power to do something then why not do it? It seems to me that you need a reason not to do it more than you need a reason to do it.

~ Amber

No comments: